Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Athira_K
Contributor III
Contributor III

Total Mode Value in textbox

Hello,
I have a chart with expression and I want the value of  the total Mode Sum of rows in a textbox
How can we implement it?

Athira_K_1-1645773583757.png

In this case I need 510.... to be displayed in a textbox

Thank you

6 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

In most cases, a normal Sum(X) will return the value you want. However, due to many-to-many relationships in the data model, the Sum(X) may be different from the sum of rows in a chart.

If you want to create a sum of rows in a text box, you need to define what a "row" is. Is it the value per e.g. Month, Product, Customer or Country? This is your iterator - your dimension - that you need to use in your expression. Once you have decided this, you can write your expression that should be based on an Aggr(), e.g.

=Sum(Aggr(Sum(X), Iterator))

Athira_K
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for helping
I tried aggr function,it is causing nested error.

Hill69
Contributor II
Contributor II

@Athira_K wrote: MyMercy.com

Hello,
I have a chart with expression and I want the value of  the total Mode Sum of rows in a textbox
How can we implement it?

Athira_K_1-1645773583757.png

In this case I need 510.... to be displayed in a textbox

Thank you

Is it the value per e.g. Month, Product, Customer or Country?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

As I said, you need to decide what you want to use as iterator - as "Row"-identifier - and then use this in

=Sum(Aggr(Sum(X), Iterator))

You say that this gives you an error, but since you haven't said what expression you tried, I cannot help you.

jibagas402
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know, this is clearly my web design Javascipt mode coming out of me even ... here is the easy way to get input filed value on click. Kahoot Login

mayomayo72218
Contributor
Contributor

This is a vague question. Can you give me more information? 

Vampire Survivors