Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Total for a dimension with multiple selection

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Qlikview and having a bit of an issue calculating a total.

What I am trying to is calculate the total sales of all departments within a business to use to calculate the percentage that each department within the business is using. Using the total command this works to an extent however the document I am creating compares multiple businesses. When multiple businesses are selected the total commands gets the total for all the businesses selected when I need it to calculate this for each business seperately.

I can't simply place the name of the business to be checked into the expression as this expression needs to work with all possible businesses that could be selected.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Are you looking for something like this?

Sum(Sales) / Sum(Total<BusinessUnit> Sales)

If this doesnt help you, Please post sample of your data and explain us your requirement.

-Sridhar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sridhar240784
Creator III
Creator III

Are you looking for something like this?

Sum(Sales) / Sum(Total<BusinessUnit> Sales)

If this doesnt help you, Please post sample of your data and explain us your requirement.

-Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, that works.

I was sure the functionality was there and knew what I needed to do but had no idea how to structure the expression to do it.