Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_yershov
Contributor II
Contributor II

Total number of rows when executing script

Hello, everybody!

Sorry for a simple question, I'm sure it has already been discussed before, but I can't find that.

When reloading data (executing script), is there an option to show total number of rows in the table being loaded? That is, to see not only the current row number, but to estimate its relative position and, hence, expected time left. Something like "2568000 of 6800000".

I suppose the answer is "no", but was worth trying anyway.

Many thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

i dont believe  so.

you could load just the count into a temporary table and display it while loading as a reference point. but relative count is not possible afik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

i dont believe  so.

you could load just the count into a temporary table and display it while loading as a reference point. but relative count is not possible afik

a_yershov
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thought so. Thanks anyway, dilipranjith!

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing that might get you in the ballpark would be using RecNo() or RowNo() functions, but the trick would be getting those values to pop out etc...  Just wanted to toss this out in case it prompts something for someone else that might work.  

I also forgot to point out the Script Debugger in the Script Editor, not exactly sure what your use case is, but having the reload dialog appear I believe shows the record counts as things are loading if I recall correctly.

The Script Execution Progress dialog, but that will only be visible if using the Desktop Client, when using Publisher, there is no way to see that, and the Task log does not show the specifics, just Loading...

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.