Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Total time taken to complete task

Hi

I am trying to measure the time taken to complete a task. I have a QVW (attached) which contains all the information I just don't know where to start in order to total up the time taken.

When we receive a container into our warehouse we want to calculate the time taken to unload the container and put away the stock.

So my first question is how do you calculate the time taken? I have a table that provides that information.

Secondly once the goods are unloaded they are then put away. The total time is from the first unload action to the last put away action. This is determined by the options in TYPE of GRN and PALLETIN. The GRN will identify the associated DOC REF and by selecting one of those DOC REFs the PALLET NOs relating to the GRN can be identified. There is then a subsequent PALLETIN action for the same Pallet No when it is put away.

I am struggling to clearly identify the PALLETIN action which will be after the GRN action in order to calculate total time. I have also attached a spreadsheet that shows the actions that have taken place from the point of view of the pallet and the time for the GRN and PALLETIN for this pallet is what I am trying to total. I can see from the spreadsheet that it took 8 minutes from unload (the GRN action) to locating in our warehouse (the PALLETIN action).

Because there are multiple movements and actions taking place on each Pallet No the first PALLETIN that takes place after the GRN action is the only one to count and it will take place on the same day as the GRN.

I need a way to identify the time taken between those 2 actions and also total it for the whole container which is identified by the DOC REF no.

Thanks

Steve

0 Replies