Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Traffic lights chart

Hi I am qlikview begginer,

and now exploring possibility to place on my dashboard a traffic light chart. I am reading information about different departments and their result during some time period.

And I would like to ask for help, how to do it, when I wish to have only 5 traffic lights about 5 different department from a total of 20 department. That way, that each traffic light will be FIXED to a specific department all the time and presenting data about selected month result. And Department will not change even if I work with department selection in list box for some other views.

how to set traffic lights, that it shows ranges I need I think I already figured it out

Hope it is not confusing 🙂

thank you for help

A.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you want to restrict your traffic lights to view data from a particular department then use the following formula.

Sum( {$<department={accounts}>} Value)

If this doesn't fully answer your quesion can you load the document in the forum!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If you want to restrict your traffic lights to view data from a particular department then use the following formula.

Sum( {$<department={accounts}>} Value)

If this doesn't fully answer your quesion can you load the document in the forum!

Not applicable
Author

thank you for you answer carneyfm,

I am not quite sure, how to use your formula. I will try attach an example qvw. Could you have a look on that and give me a proposal how to do it.

thank you

A.

Not applicable
Author

Uploaded

Not applicable
Author

thank you thank you thank you 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Hi Carneyfm,

I am trying to build a expression for my trafic guage. My query is , i have 3 fields like country, sales, month . i want see my out put like if i click on particular Country field corrosponding light should blink as per the range. and as well as for month also. can you pls help me out with expresion.

Regards,

Daram

vidyut
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes, It is possible to have blinking lights using animated GIFs , the expression stuff should be straight forward.

'Afraid, I am not providing the full solution.