Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transfer selections between QVW

Hi guys,

I want to open a qvw from another qvw and transfer the selections from the qvw1 to the qvw2. Ok, I have done that with a button and it seems to work fine but in the qvw2 I have a second button that takes me back to the qvw1, in this button I'm transfering the selections as I did with the qvw1 but that's not working.

I attach both qvw's.

P.S: and also I want to transfer the "Actual sheet" or any way to activate the same sheet.

5 Replies
fabienmd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

On your button, add another action that close your first document after the action that open the second document. That way, it will always apply the current state because your 1rst document will be opned again.

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Fabien,

I had the same problem a while ago (management was to be able to use a management_dashboard, jump from there into any of the individual team_apps and back again, transferring some selections), but we ran into problems with the triggers:

=> When we added one trigger "close document" and another "open document" to the button (there is a field to specify a document only for the latter), QlikView did, you gess it, opened the document and closed it again right away - so apparently nothing happened.

Is there any way to avoid this, or was it just a bug in our specific system?

@ Juan

The second thing you are trying: We did that, too, via an inline table - you can do a selection on that table and transfer that - the other app then needs a similar inline table, of course - and based on a selection_in_that_table, you can have either (if it works) a trigger to open that sheet or (in our case triggers didn't work) a macro to do that.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm trying to create a macro, but i'm not so familiarized with the Edit Module Section... I want to get the sheet ID, save it in a variable and in the second qvw get that variable and apply it to the trigger Activate Sheet. Can you help me with that?

fabienmd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Well, it looks like you are right, I thought it would work but I have the same issue. It seems like QV close the opened document...

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Fabian,

yep, definitely a bug in QlikView - it does not properly follow the order in which you add triggers.

Unfortunately, I don't know any place here on the Community to report bugs.

@ Juan

Sorry, I cannot help with macros. It's been quite a while since I dealt with them. A consultant who was on site, after finding out that triggers wouldn't work, wrote it for us. Soon after, however, that concept was abandoned and we didn't need it anymore.