Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Transform Qlikivew Dashboard application into Qlikivew APP for mobile/tablet deployment?

Team,

One of the client is asking to develop the  mobile based app for  our  Qlikivew Document(.qvw) which currently being accessed from access point through web browser.

I know there is already an IOS based Qlikview App from Apple Store.

But what the client requires is that to build an Qlikview App in order to have our application working as an App .

Can you please advice what is needed  to transform our Qlikivew Dashboard application into Qlikivew APP for mobile/tablet deployment?

What does the effort consist of?

Please suggest/advice?

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will need Qlikview server to deploy the application to your intranet. Contact your Qlikview supplier or partner for pricing of the various server and licensing options.

You can then open the QV models on a web portal using a browser (eg Safari) or using the Qlikview App.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The main changes to make the model suitable for mobile use are to ensure that the charts/tables are sized to work well on a smaller device screen. It may involve simplifying the pages and possibly having a separate selections page for your list boxes.

This works well on an iPad. On a phone, if you use the App, it will display one sheet object at a time. Make sure that your model design is done is a way that viewing one object at a time makes sense to the user.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks.

I order to ensure both mobile users and  desktop users get to see the actual design build for then ,how would I separate users? so that mobile users will see dashboard applicable for them and desktop users get to see there.

Can this be handled from some settings in Qlikivew? Or separate qlikivew code needs to be written to handle?

Do I need to replicate the dashboard and then change the GUI design threre for mobile and keep the original one unchanged for desktop users?