cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlondeThursday
Contributor III
Contributor III

Tree view list box linked

We are using a hierarchy list box (tree view) to navigate through our application. It all works pretty well. However, the end-user has asked if we can make the list box the same on every sheet. So, if they make a selection on one the tree-view stays the same on every other sheet.

Presently, although they are linked, when you open up the box on one page to where you want to view the data and then navigate to another sheet you need to scroll up/down to be able to change your select to something near the one you had at first. The selection stays the same, but on the second sheet the tree is collapsed. I can't set it to "always fully expanded" because there are hundreds of entries.

BlondeThursday_0-1623918193654.png

Is there any way of getting two linked tree-view list boxes to expand and contract together?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lenka_kruse
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, as far as I know (I may be wrong), there is no way to achieve that, except maybe with a special extension. But a workaround could be to rebuild the application so that you only use one single sheet, so the users actually only use the one single tree view box.

Just assign different variable-values to the display and calculation conditions of the elements from each sheet, put them all on the same sheet, create a set of buttons for the users that will make them think they are skipping from sheet to sheet, when in reality, they are just switching values of the variable, so that the different elements get hidden or shown. Or you could even use the values in your tree view list box to activate/ deactivate different elements, if that is what you are using to navigate your application.

I hope I explained this in a way that makes sense.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @BlondeThursday 

Please find the below videos that helps you:

Creating and Configuring Multi Box in QlikView - Bing video

Creating and Configuring List Box in QlikView 2 - Bing video

Thanks,
Padma Priya

Qlik Support

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
BlondeThursday
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

These videos do not cover the problem at all.

lenka_kruse

Hi, as far as I know (I may be wrong), there is no way to achieve that, except maybe with a special extension. But a workaround could be to rebuild the application so that you only use one single sheet, so the users actually only use the one single tree view box.

Just assign different variable-values to the display and calculation conditions of the elements from each sheet, put them all on the same sheet, create a set of buttons for the users that will make them think they are skipping from sheet to sheet, when in reality, they are just switching values of the variable, so that the different elements get hidden or shown. Or you could even use the values in your tree view list box to activate/ deactivate different elements, if that is what you are using to navigate your application.

I hope I explained this in a way that makes sense.

BlondeThursday
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for this. It's an interesting notion and would work...just not sure if it will be worth the confusion in this case. Thank you again though I'll keep this method in mind!🤔