Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trellis Limited

I have a combo chart and I'd like to have a trellis chart beside it with the same dims and expressions, just presented in a trellis format.

I cloned this chart and changed nothing except enable trellis and leave number of columns and rows the same. The trellis changes dynamically like my combo chart except it will only display 10 individual charts and no more even though it should be showing 20-30 depending on the selected dim. Any ideas why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the responses but I have the trellis set to auto for columns and rows.

I fixed the problem but its not elegant. It has to do with the Enable X-axis scrollbar property under presentation. My trellis will only show up the number of charts based on the value of When Number of Items Exceeds property, regardless of whether Enable X-axis scrollbar is checked. So I just set it to 10,000 and problem is solved but I have no idea why.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

To clarify, I cloned the combo chart to make the trellis chart.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Have you tried to interchange your dimension and check?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

IN BAR CHART IT IS POSSIBLE WHEN THE SELECT THE BAR CHART AND SELECT THE DIMENSION AND IN THE DIMENSION TAB HAVE THE OPTION IS TREIL CHART THAN YOU GET THE OUTPUT

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check that the right dimension is used to create the trellis rows and columns. Also check that you haven't specified less rows and columns then are needed to show all the sub-charts

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for all the responses but I have the trellis set to auto for columns and rows.

I fixed the problem but its not elegant. It has to do with the Enable X-axis scrollbar property under presentation. My trellis will only show up the number of charts based on the value of When Number of Items Exceeds property, regardless of whether Enable X-axis scrollbar is checked. So I just set it to 10,000 and problem is solved but I have no idea why.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Though it is an old question. But I found the reason.

If you changed the default value for "When Number of Items Exceeds", even you uncheck the "Enable X-Axis, Scrollbar", the value will still be used.

The correct way is to set the the value for "When Number of Items Exceeds" back to default. That means you just delete the value, and uncheck the "Enable X-Axis, Scrollbar"(QV will give 10 as a default value, but that does not matter), then there is no limited number  of chart.

Hope it helps for other people.

Zhihong