Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trend Analysis and Prediction

Hi All,

Please, i want an example with qvw document on how to make trend analysis and prediction in the market.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards,

Mona

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Mona,

that's not very specific, so maybe you wanna have a look at:

http://community.qlik.com/message/148710

At least it is an example qvw for a trend based on actuals, compared to also some future data (Sales quota whatever).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan for ur help.

but my problem is that i have no data in the future

i want to make prediction how the curve will go

i.e to produce pattern for the sales i have so, i can predict what will happen in the future.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi Mona_qlik,

the sample I posted also do a simple prediction only on past data using a linear trend.

That's just a very simple example, of course.

Have you already an idea how you could make a prediction (e.g. linear, average, polynomial (these are already offered by QV as trendlines).

There are also some statistical functions offered by QV to calculate your prediction data "manually", please look into the statistical aggregation functions (AFAIR mostly for linear regression).

If you need advanced prediction you might want to consider doing this outside the QV scope maybe using R (though I think there is an ongoing integration with R and QV, you need to check out).

Regards,

Stefan