Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger option for list box

Hello, sunindia‌, swuehl‌,

I have three different charts on one of my tab. And only for the first chart,  I have to make a default selection on report month but this selection shouldn't affect the other charts on the tab. Is there a option to clear all, on the leave for the list box, similar to a trigger at document level. And I have show/hide condition in place for the list box, it only appears for the first chart.

I'm aware of adding [Report Month]= into my set analysis expression. But I don't want to do that since I have too many expressions and tomorrow client might ask some other filter as well, not sure.

I see option for some field event triggers. But not sure how to make it work in my case, if it'll help my cause.

Any advise/suggestion/sample code greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton for all the help and support in the past.

Regards,

Sachin

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not really sure what you are trying to achieve.

You can look into using alternate states. Set the list box to an alternate state AS and use this state in your first chart within a set expression like

=Sum({<[Report Month] = p({AS}) >}Value)

Not applicable
Author

I have three charts son my tab and I want to place a default selection on only one of the chart, this selection shouldn't affect other charts.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Understood.

If you set the list box to an alternate state and only use the state in chart 1 set expression, the other charts won't be affected.

[Note that there are different approaches how you can use the alternate state for the first chart, depending on if and how many other field selections you may need to consider, I am assuming you want only the Report Month to be special]

Not applicable
Author

I think this will help. Just a small question, can't I use the field level trigger option?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I haven't understood how this idea should work or how it should only affect expressions in one chart (or the other way round, all charts except one).

pavan045
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Aditya,

You can use SHEET EVENT TRIGGERS to make default selection of month field. But if you want to make that month selection should not affect other charts, you need to use alternate states for the charts.

you can find sheet event triggers in sheet properties.

Capture.PNG

Hope it will help you...

Not applicable
Author

I have three different charts on one of my tab, I meant on the same sheet. If I apply the trigger on the sheet it will have an impact on all the three charts.

pavan045
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Aditya,

To make that possible you can use alternate states.

You need to use 2 altenate states. one for list box in which you are selecting month and chart on which you want reflect the month selection. The second state for the other charts on which you don't want to reflect the month selection.

you can find alternate state in document properties.altenate.PNG

Add a new alternate state There, then you are able to see the alternate state option in chart properties.

alternate1.PNG

Change the state of chart here.

To know about alternate states refere this link.what is alternate states in Qlikview ?

Hope it will be helpful.