Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnan
Creator III
Creator III

Trigger to select dates

Hi,

I have an QV that shows productiondata. When i open the QlikView it will select current date to me via triggers when open.

Type: (Select in  field)
Date
=Date(today())

Now to my question, i want to add todays date (as above) and tomorrows date simultaneously, how can i do that in triggers?

Br John

Labels (1)
7 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I would create a variable:

vSelDate='('&chr(39)&date(today())&chr(39)&'|'&chr(39)&date(today()+1)&chr(39)&')'

on the Action, search string put '=vSelDate'

johnan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello, 

I got a - if i print out vSelDate in a textbox

It seems that incorrect?

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

It should show:

Community.png

Community.png

johnan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanx, now i got the dates 🙂

I even tried with a button but no success.
Se below 🙂

Skärmklipp.PNG

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

no succes? is your variable VSelDate or vSelDate?

johnan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi, no success.

It's VSelDate and i got it in the textbox. But it can't choose it with the trigger 😞Skärmklipp.PNG

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Only alternate test of which I can think would be to try the Toggle Select Action in the Button object to see if that will work or not, as if not, then I suspect there may be a defect potentially...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Button2.htm#anc...

Click the Add Action dialog link on the right side of the page to take you to the list of Actions, then check details on Toggle Select...  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.