Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator

Triggers and Containers

Hi all,

Im trying to put together a one sheet solution with a container with a few charts inside it.

each chart shows something slightly different, is it possible to have a text box show different texts dependent on the active object?

thanks for any help guys

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

4 Replies
pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

i think the only way is to use a macro to get the actual index of the container and place some text in a textbox.

Other way would be to use but use buttons or textboxes instead of container object with trigger functionality.

You can use an action which sets a variable value and then use show/hide functionality in the charts (Conditional) depending on the value of this variable.

Cheers,

Patric

pamaxeed
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Here my answer:

Not applicable

what type of text or inforamtion are you wanting to show based on the container selected - is it inforamtion that can be included in the caption or would Text in Chart functionality work or does the text/inforamtion to display have to be outside of the active chart/object?

samuel_brierley
Creator
Creator
Author

What i think im going to do is use the help text function but thanks for your advice.