Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Triggers not working correctly in Access Point

Hello,

We discovered the following issue regarding Access Point:

We’ve put triggers in place to get a certain default view once the customer opens the application. Unfortunately not all triggers function as they should once the application is opened via Access Point by our customer. Even though they work for me and my colleagues (tried with 3 different accounts we have access to). When the customer opens it, some triggers remain undone, and sometimes even fields are selected we haven’t triggered. Big mystery, has anyone had the same issue?

What we’ve tried:

• Put triggers under InActivateSheet
  • Document properties
    • “Dodument event triggers” – OnOpen

• “Variable event Triggers” – where every sheet changes a variable that triggers field selections
  • Bookmark that activated on opening the application (workaround I know)

Current workaround is a button that triggers the desired field selections that has to be pushed by the customer after opening the application. Works, but not the most elegant solution. Once the application is opened and sheets are changed, triggers work as they should (every sheet has its own default view). The problem remains opening the application and not working for all users.

We know that the server version isn’t the latest, are there any bugs related to access point that have been fixed in the 1-2 latest versions?

I appreciate all hints and comments

With kind regards,

-Juho

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yup.  On Open triggers do not work using Access Point and the AJAX client.

Not a bug, and documented in the manual.  It is how it is.

Not applicable
Author

There are many issues with triggers in AccessPoint when not using the IE plugin

In order to get consistant results with your triggers, recommend you run the application through IE plugin

another option would be to remove triggers and use set analysis

Not applicable
Author

Adam Krepistman kirjoitti:

There are many issues with triggers in AccessPoint when not using the IE plugin

In order to get consistant results with your triggers, recommend you run the application through IE plugin

another option would be to remove triggers and use set analysis

Hi Adam,

We tried trough plugin, doesn't help.

Can you tell me more what you mean with using set analysis?

Not applicable
Author

how do you know the triggers are working - does it work in development mode>  When you run in IE plig in, are you selecting the option from view details?

set analysis allows you to write code where the codes simualtes the selections made (the numbers would reflect the same as if selections were made but nothing is physically selected or in green)

any chance you can attach the application or a dummy application with the issue?

Not applicable
Author

an example of set analysis

'=Sum({$<Year={2012}, Month={'Jan','Feb'}>}ActualSales)

this is where we are showing the sum of sales for a specific year and month comboniation - same as if we selected them on our filters

you would most likely use variables in your set analysis to make it more dynamci  - the abvoe is a simple example