Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III

Triggers question

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick question if I may?

I've added a trigger to a field named ExtractDate, when a value within this is selected it also changes the value in field SFExtractDate. That works perfectly and as I'd imagine it to work. The problem I have is when the user clears the value from ExtractDate I also want the app to clear the value in SFExtractDate at the same time...

...I know this must be possible but I can't seem to figure it out.

Can anyone please help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I've figured it out!!

All I needed to do was to add another trigger based on the change value of ExtractDate, this then removes both selections when the user deselects the date within ExtractDate.

Thanks for the help y'all

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends how exactly you make the selection in field SFExtractDate.  Is it a macro, or is it another action, and what action?
If it is a macro, for example, you can add condition that checks if there are selections in field ExtractDate.  If there is a selection, proceed as you do now, otherwise clear field SFExtractDate.  Apparently in this case you have to call this macro also on change in field ExtractDate besides on select.

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply, the selection for SFExtractDate is made upon a trigger event...it works on the Select in Field trigger when the user selects a date from ExtractDate.

All I want to do is clear the selection from SFExtractDate when the user clears the ExtractDate

samvile18
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I've figured it out!!

All I needed to do was to add another trigger based on the change value of ExtractDate, this then removes both selections when the user deselects the date within ExtractDate.

Thanks for the help y'all