Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trouble referencing variables in set analysis within load script variable

Hey All,

I recently asked a similar question and got a great answer, but this one is a little more complex.

I want to define a lot of variables in the load script because I need to be able to easily transfer them into other applications I am working on.

This is the definition of some variables I will reference. These all work as intended.

onlyexample.png

This set analysis works in a text box

=Only({1<SalesPerson={'$(vNameRetrieval)'}>*<myDisplayQtr={'$(vDisplayQTR)'}>}LeagueOfLeagues.RankPercentage)

The only way I can get variables to work in set theory is by using  {"$(variablehere )"} wrapped around them.

Here is my problem

If I write this in load script

loadscript.png

It shows variable contents where variable names should be in variable overview:

variablecontents.png

Which  returns - because Only(Only()) never seems to work. It needs to come out with the inner variable names there instead of their contents.

I have tried lots of different combinations of "s and 's and also tried removing $() from around the variables in the load script but then the set analysis refuses to work because it no longer recognises my input as a variable name:

attempts.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The script will also try to evaluate $(...) constructs. Since set analysis doesn't work in the script you get things that don't work. The workaround goes like this:

SET vMyVar =Only({1<SalesPerson={'@(vNameRetrieval)'}>*<myDisplayQtr={'@(vDisplayQTR)'}>}LeagueOfLeagues.RankPercentage);

LET vMyVar =replace('$(vMyVar)','@','$');

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand