Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trouble w/ Object Layering

I have 3 layers of objects on a sheet as follows:

1. Background Text Object - this is basically the background for the dashboard and layer = "Bottom"
  2. Straight Table - This sits on top of the background and layer = Normal
  3. Help Text - The green text you see in the screenshot below.. I want it to sit on top of the Caption.  Currently Layer= Top

The problem is when I click something to leave the tab and go back, the green text (#3) disappears behind the straight table..  When I click anywhere on the sheet it comes back.  Can anyone help out w/ this

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I would try using Custom layering may be like this

1) BackGround Text Object -> 99

2) Straight Table -> 100

3) Help Text -> 101

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

I would try using Custom layering may be like this

1) BackGround Text Object -> 99

2) Straight Table -> 100

3) Help Text -> 101

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Yup, That worked.. I had tried using custom but I guess I didn't realize that all of the objects layered had to be in custom mode..

Thanks Sunny.

Not applicable
Author

I thought it was fixed but now it looks like when I navigate to a different sheet (I only have one sheet visible at a time and I have buttons & variables to show/hide sheets) and come back to that sheet, as soon as a click on the background text object, my straight table and container w/ two pie charts get pushed behind the background.

sunny_talwar

Are you sure there is only one background text object? Custom should never let it come to the front

Not applicable
Author

I have 3 "background" text objects but they don't overlap.. here is what my page looks like:

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Give custom layout value for background textbox in negative like -90 then check.

Or you can do one thing- instead of using this background textbox, set background image in sheet properties itself.