Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trouble with Values on Data Points

Can anyone explain why I'm having problems with this bar chart? It's very basic and is working perfectly except for one thing. Notice in 2013 the data point is showing ($0). Obviously, this isn't the case and I can't figure out why it's not working. This chart is set for Full Accumulation and the individual categories are correct when I hover over them. I'm guessing it has to do with the 'Securities Lending Collateral' Dimension which does accumulate to $0 in 2013, I just don't know why the chart can't display the correct total taking all of the categories into consideration. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-J D.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you please sent the app asap then I can check.

Not applicable
Author

I'm not seeing how I can send this to you or attach it in the thread.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

when you click on reply, you will see USE ADVANCED EDITOR on the top right corner. Click the button and then go to the next window. There you will find attach option on bottom right corner. You can attach there your app.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

What's the individual values for 2013?

I see that y axis has value -50 000 000

There is 5 Category in Legend but only 4 shown on chart.

If this is Full accumulation should not 2012 be higher that 2011.

Check your data source and add up you values there.

lastly post your data(not file) I'm working on Personal Edition

Not applicable
Author

Totals cumulative for 2013:

Securities Lending     0

Beneficial Interest     43,697,448

Other                       973,734                     

Receivables             50,906,407 

Cash & Investments 518,983,190

The value on the Data Point should be 614,560,779 based on those numbers, not 0.

The totals for activity in 2013 (not cumulative) are:

Securities Lending     -5,171,649

Beneficial Interest     -928,388

Other                          4,965

Receivables               57,288

Cash & Investments    25,693,095

I'm assuming the -50 000 000 is appearing due to the fact there are negative values in each individual year.

The reason it appears only 4 categories are showing is the "Other" category values are so small compared to the others they are not visible. They are indeed represented in the chart.

There are negative values greater than the prior year from 2011 to 2012 which is why 2012 is less. It is calculating correctly.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry QlikRajan, this is all I see when I click Reply...I don't see USE ADVANCED EDITOR anywhere.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

A suggestion:

Try to play with the Accumulate "Steps Back" to see if you got the same problem.

The brackets on 0 suggest negative value in that bar not 0 itself.