Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lnoble3023
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trying to Get Total 'Count of Bills' Minus Bills That Have a Zero $ Balance on Them

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Qlikview AND have not been using it for awhile...which makes a bad combo for being able to figure out formulas.  But I'm eager to get back into it and re-start my learnings.  I'd appreciate any help I could get on this formula I'm trying to write  🐵

I've attached an example of my data.  'Bill #' is a key field.  I'm trying to get a count of all bills, less ones that have a 'Total Outstanding' of $0.00.  So in my example, I have 9 items, but I'd only like to get a count of 5 (omitting the $0.00 records, but keeping the non zero items in count).  I'm pretty good at a basic formula like :   count([Bill #]) .  But much more to it than that,  i get confused.

Thanks so much for any help  🐵

Lee

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JGMDataAnalysis
Creator III
Creator III

May be this...

COUNT({<[Total Outstanding] -= {"=Num([Total Outstanding]) = 0"}>} distinct [Bill #])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try this

COUNT({<[Total Outstanding] -= {"=0"}>} [Bill #])

lnoble3023
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar 🐵  Thanks so much for the reply.  I tried your formula, and it shows as a correct expression...but it still seems to pull in ALL '0' and 'non 0' items still.  

JGMDataAnalysis
Creator III
Creator III

May be this...

COUNT({<[Total Outstanding] -= {"=Num([Total Outstanding]) = 0"}>} distinct [Bill #])

lnoble3023
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi JGM...I tried your solution and it works perfectly!!!  🐵  Thank you soooo much.  Greatly appreciate yours and everyone's help  🐵