Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lnoble3023
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trying to Get Total 'Count of Bills' Minus Bills That Have a Zero $ Balance on Them

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Qlikview AND have not been using it for awhile...which makes a bad combo for being able to figure out formulas.  But I'm eager to get back into it and re-start my learnings.  I'd appreciate any help I could get on this formula I'm trying to write  🐵

I've attached an example of my data.  'Bill #' is a key field.  I'm trying to get a count of all bills, less ones that have a 'Total Outstanding' of $0.00.  So in my example, I have 9 items, but I'd only like to get a count of 5 (omitting the $0.00 records, but keeping the non zero items in count).  I'm pretty good at a basic formula like :   count([Bill #]) .  But much more to it than that,  i get confused.

Thanks so much for any help  🐵

Lee

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JGMDataAnalysis
Creator III
Creator III

May be this...

COUNT({<[Total Outstanding] -= {"=Num([Total Outstanding]) = 0"}>} distinct [Bill #])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try this

COUNT({<[Total Outstanding] -= {"=0"}>} [Bill #])

lnoble3023
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar 🐵  Thanks so much for the reply.  I tried your formula, and it shows as a correct expression...but it still seems to pull in ALL '0' and 'non 0' items still.  

JGMDataAnalysis
Creator III
Creator III

May be this...

COUNT({<[Total Outstanding] -= {"=Num([Total Outstanding]) = 0"}>} distinct [Bill #])

lnoble3023
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi JGM...I tried your solution and it works perfectly!!!  🐵  Thank you soooo much.  Greatly appreciate yours and everyone's help  🐵