Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trying to create a stacked chart with multiple pieces of information on X-Axis

Hi,

Im having trouble creating a new chart in Qlikview.

I have my Y-axis (a list of numbers)

And my X-axis (a list of peoples names)

I need to add 2 variables to the chart, one that will count the number of times a person has Driven to work, aqnd the number of times that same person has walked to work. These need to be shown on a bar chart, with the bars stacked on top of one another. (An example of what I mean has been added as a JPG.)

I have a database the information is being pulled from, and have tried using counts to display the information. I have got this to work, but for only one of the pieces of information. This is displayed correctly, with a bar above each persons name. However, the second piece of information is not stacked on the chart, it is simply its own bar at the end of the chart that is accumulating all of the value, where as it should be delegating individual values to people. This might make more sense when the pictures have been viewed.

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Thanks..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

image1.PNG

After weeks of working on this, I found the answer. It was a calculated single dimension I needed to use that combined the 2.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does it show correctly if you only show Workload on Hold? I have attached a file.

Not applicable
Author

Yes it does work alone, It shows its own chart correctly, However, I have tried everything to get them to overlap

Not applicable
Author

Do you have a sample file?

Not applicable
Author

I cannot send the sample file as it contains private data, however, here are the table sets used to create the charts im attempting to merge

REM "Open Workload Per Engineer Chart" - Q_Incidents_10;
LOAD ServiceReqID AS WorkloadID, OwnerAccount As Workload, Name AS WorkLoadName, DepartmentName AS WorkloadDept, Category AS WorkloadType, SubCategory AS WorkloadState, ConvertToLocalTime(RESLTGTDT,'London') AS WorkloadTarget;
SQL SELECT ServiceReqID, OwnerAccount, Name, DepartmentName, Category, SubCategory, RESLTGTDT
FROM sostenuto.dbo."Q_INCIDENTS" qi WHERE State = 'Open'

REM "Open Workload On Hold Per Engineer Chart" - Q_Incidents_11;
LOAD ServiceReqID AS WorkloadIDOnHold, OwnerAccount As WorkloadOnHold, Name AS WorkLoadName, DepartmentName AS WorkloadDept, Category AS WorkloadType, SubCategory AS WorkloadState, ConvertToLocalTime(RESLTGTDT,'London') AS WorkloadTarget;
SQL SELECT ServiceReqID, OwnerAccount, Name, DepartmentName, Category, SubCategory, RESLTGTDT
FROM sostenuto.dbo."Q_INCIDENTS" qi WHERE State = 'On Hold'

Not applicable
Author

What are your dimensions and expressions?

Not applicable
Author

I was using both dimensions but also 2 seperate expressions to count them seperatly.

However, I have just tried your method, and it simply gives me a count of the Workload like before, almost ignoring the on hold count.

Not applicable
Author

Try Name as the only dimension with two expressions: Count(Worload) and Count(WorkloadOnHold)

Not applicable
Author

When I try

"Try Name as the only dimension with two expressions: Count(Worload) and Count(WorkloadOnHold)"

I get (Screenshot;Capture 3)

When I try Count(DISTINCT Workload) & Count(DISTINCT WorkloadOnHold)

I get (Screenshot;Capture 2)

A little close but still not displaying in one chart.

Capture 3.PNGCapture2.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Can you screenshot Chart Properties > Style, Chart Properties>Dimensions and Chart Properties>Expressions. Black out any confidential info.