Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tunr Off Approve Application Launch Prompt

I'm using:

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Launch "http://google.com", ""

Is there a way to turn off the "Approve application for launch?" prompt?

If not, is there a way to change the text? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Yes it did help thanks. And specifically the part that helped was adding a registry key on the server:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Settings 7]
"MacroLaunchConfirmation"="1"

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I don't have the above registry key on the server but only [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikOcx\Toolbar 7

server OS: windows server 2003

How can I do to turn off that prompt ?

Many Thanks.

Best Regards

Michael_Reese
Employee
Employee

That link does not work. 

The setting for this is OverrideLaunchSecurity=1, and this needs to be added to the Settings.ini for the QV.exe under C:\Users\<profile>\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech and the [Settings 7] area.

You can also open the QlikView client, and go to Help\About QlikView\right-click the QV icon in the lower left corner to bring up the Settings dialog, and scroll until you see the setting above, and change the value to 1 from 0 and click the Set button and then exit out.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Was this resolved for a server? What settings need to be changed on the server, so users don't get the prompt?

I seeit is straight forward to fix this for a specific user, but what we need is to set it on the server so users are not asked.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi All -

As per  the above suggestion, we did add the entry MacroLaunchConfirmation=1 just under the [Settings 7] in the settings.ini file located in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer and restarted the QlikView services and tried opening the report but it still prompts for the "Approve Application Launch" pop-up message.

Also we are using Windows 2008 R2 servers and do not see the folder Setting 7 Under QlikOCX in registry entry.

Do we need to set the the entry MacroLaunchConfirmation=1 just under the [Settings 7] under each user profile. Please let us know on the same as we have around 2500 + users who are accessing  the system.

Can someone please let us know id it is possible to turn-off "Approve Application Launch" pop-up message at the server level.

Thanks

Jag

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Was there a solution here?  I have a similar prompt and some users get it every time they click on a button and others only the first time.

I have skipped using macros altogether here now and Use an email URL button option to have users with a template email open when they need to contact us.  However they get a message saying application prompt 'mailto:xyz@ABC.com &Subject=123 &bod= blah blah'

I'd rather they all get a simple message prompt to open Outlook app or that no one gets a message at all.

any thoughts?