Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tutorial Help - Limiting the number of bars

Hi..

I have been working on Qlikview's Tutorial file for a while and I have encountered a problem on the manual.

On page 68 there is a specified explanation on how to limit the numbers of bars displayed.

The problem is that the in the bar chart properties tab there is no "Dimension Limitations" panel and no "Max Visible Number" checkbox.

I have been searching other alternatives but couldn't find one.

attached is a comparrison between the tutorial version and the current Qlikview layout i see. the QV version i work with is 11.00.11282.0 SR1.

so how do Limit the number of bars shown on a bar chart??

Thanks in advance,

evya

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Evya,

You should have a Dimension Limits tab in the bar chart properties box (you might need to scroll to the left using the small arrows on the right at the tab row?).

Then you can check: "Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression"

And then "Show Only" + "First" + X Values.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Evya,

You should have a Dimension Limits tab in the bar chart properties box (you might need to scroll to the left using the small arrows on the right at the tab row?).

Then you can check: "Restrict which values are displayed using the first expression"

And then "Show Only" + "First" + X Values.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Johannes!

I will take advantage of your help and ask another question regarding the bars-

when I use the dimensions limitations as you stated, I get a random (so I guess..) group of bars in the amount I asked.

how do I scroll to the other bars? in other words - how do i activate a scroll bar?

I will gladly accept other options as well..

And another thing - there is an "Others" bar shown with the rest of the entities. how do I get rid of it? is this bar essential?

kji
Employee
Employee

If you want a limted number of bars shown at a time, but the ability to scroll over all values, you should use the "Enable X-axis Scrollbar" on the Presentation tab of properties instead of Dimension Limits. The Others bar you can turn off on the lower half of the Dimension Limits tab by unchecking "Show Others".