Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two Dimmensions in a Single Graph

Hello all,

I have the following graph:

QlikView Help12 - Pricing Setting.png

Each point represent a business case.

What I need is, in the same graph, show if each case is either Won or Lost while at the same time seeing which Sales Region it is from, is that posible? Would be better disposicion of the points stay the same.

I thought of doing something like triangles are Won and Squares are Lost, something like this (did this image in Paint):

QlikView Help13 - Pricing Setting.png

Do you think it's feasible? Or if there's some other way?

I'm attaching some mock info to mirror this in order to see how my data loos like.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
justinvchiang
Contributor III
Contributor III

One "hacky" way to solve for the square vs triangle is to use ASCII replacements for Won and Lost as seen below (and also in the QVW attached to original reply.).

If he changes the symbol for Region to a dot and changes Won to a triangle and Lost to a Square, you get the below.  I also applied red/green color logic as an additional visualization call out and added a Text in Chart key for the additional symbols... but who knows how that will react on an access point deployment.

Solution-B.PNG

View solution in original post

18 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

take a look at this.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What I need is, in the same graph, show if each case is either Won or Lost while at the same time seeing which Sales Region it is from, is that posible?

Does question is finished?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Youssef this way it's only showing if it's won or lost, but not in which region was it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry Anil, I didn't understand your question

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Still question is pending or that's it??

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's still pending!

The second image I added is not from QlikView, I took a screenshot and pasted on Paint Brush to change it

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

like this? how u wanted to show that legent ? (mean u need to show sales region instead of status?)

Dimension:

Case#

[Sales Region]

Measure:

Won

sum({$<[Case Status]={"Won"}>} [Final Price])

Lost

sum({$<[Case Status]={"Lost"}>} [Final Price])

Capture.JPG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I believe the Line chart is not the feasible for this requirement. Can you change from Line to Grid Chart and check.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The issue with the grid chart is that it doesn't order them from highest to lowest while mixing the two different status. Its spheres are also not the best approach in order to see the values.

Not sure if this helps, but the case number is not that important.