Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anuradhaa
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Two dimensions in Bar Chart

Hi,

I have countries and cites in two fields. and want to have a graph with countries and cities as dimensions and sales as expression.

I want to have a bar chart with both dimensions in  X-Axsis. I have created calculated dimension as  1 and then i can do that.

But my x-asis shows all the cities for all counties.

Eg- I have two countries, USA and ENGLAND

and cities as Newyork, Florida, London , Liverpool.

so my x axis show Newyork, Florida, London , Liverpool  for both cities.

But i want to have it as Newyork, Florida under USa and London , Liverpool under London

26 Replies
anuradhaa
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

It is possible and mt attachement has the solution. But then it has all the dimenssions and i don't know how to delete them.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you checked the workaround I showed above?

Not applicable

Hi Tresesco,

Regarding to this post even am facing the same problem. After referring your chart am getting what ever I want. I need one clarification in this.

Here instead Country am using Month and Instead city am using Applications. By using your applications am able to get applications logged under that month. But how to show only Highest 5 applications which got more tickets.

Regards,

Vinay N

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Maybe you can try in Combo chart with the city and country as dimension, and set the expression. or you can use drill down.

anuradhaa
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Yes, I think it will Help me. But How to deal with nulls

Not applicable

Hi Ria,

Am also having same requirement which Anuradha is facing. Can u pls explain in detail on the idea which u told. I have 2 dimensions Month and Applications, 1 Expression. Need to show one Dimension in Bar chart and one dimension in Line chart using single expression. Is this possible using Combo chart of Line and Bar.

Your idea is appreciated.

sasikanth
Master
Master

You can apply dimension limits for that particular dimension