Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tying Inputfield data into a table

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview and was wondering if anyone knew of a way to take data that was updated using inputfield and tying that data into a table so that you have the updated value the user would input? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Frank,

there are 2 things.

Inputfield - you define during reload, that user can input value to some field. But there is only 1 value in one field and row.

Using inputsum() inputavg() you may input aggregates into charts.

Dynamic Update - using this, you may update/delete or insert new rows into your tables.

You don't need Inputfield to do DynamicUpdate.

regards

Darek

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Frank,

there are 2 things.

Inputfield - you define during reload, that user can input value to some field. But there is only 1 value in one field and row.

Using inputsum() inputavg() you may input aggregates into charts.

Dynamic Update - using this, you may update/delete or insert new rows into your tables.

You don't need Inputfield to do DynamicUpdate.

regards

Darek

santhyamuthu
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Dariusz,

I am stuck in a situation where I need to accept inputvalues in the missing cells in a Pivot Table. Whenever I try to do so, the table crashes. I can only resort to doing a cross join of all the dimensions and keep it ready in my fact table. But this solution will also not work for large data sets..

There can be one other way by inserting new records by fetching the dimension columns and the input value entered to create a new record in the underlying fact table. But can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Santhya