Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

URGENT - Failed To Open Document

Hello.

A year ago, I developed my area indicators in QlikView personal edition on my computer with Windows 8.1, and everything was fine.

After I upgrade my computer to Windows 10, set the same computer name and the same user name, but I could not open my files, sent me the following error message:

"Qlikview This document was created by another user of QlikView Personal Edition or was created from another computer. as a user of QlikView Personal Edition may only open files created by yourself in this computer.

This document has been recovered qlikview more times you permitadas license for QlikView Personal Edition. you can continue using your current staff qlikview edition license to create or modify other files."

When I saw this error, it was supose that you upgrade to Windows 10, and decides to return Windows 8.1 installed on my computer and defining the same user and computer name, but the message is the same, do not let me open my files.

Help me please, in these files I have many months of work.

Thanks friends.

18 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Did you able to manage this issue?

Not applicable
Author

Hi qlikviewwizard

Try your proposal, but I do not have a CAL or an enterprise server qlikview, everything develops from my computer in the personal edition version locally.

Any ideas ?, or am I doing something wrong?

Best Regards.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Dude,

Nothing wrong in that. You can successfully promote your Personal edition applications to PROD if it has license.

Personal Edition files can not be opened by another personal edition user unless they leased the license from the server.

Hope this will clarify your doubts.

Thank you.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

This is the limitation of Personal Edition. Without a valid license, you won't be able to open the documents.

Not applicable
Author

Is there a license for personal home use where you do not need to mount the entire server infrastructure?

Thanks for your help.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Dude,

Please help to select Correct Answer and Helpful Answers, and close the thread.

Thank you.

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

You can contact your local Qlik partner to see the pricing and what's suitable to your requirements.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

For personal use, not required any license.tner

For server usage, need the license. For that please contact your account manager or Qlikview partner.

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Done.

Thank you very much for all your help.

The solution was to search an old version, which allowed me to recover and spend one of 4 attempts allowed.

I appreciate your support.

Regards.