Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

URGENT - QlikView upgrade issue

I am upgrading QlikView from V10 SR3 Patch 9070 to SR4.  I uninstalled our current version and rebooted the server  (Windows 2008 R2).  Before installing SR4 I took a look at services and found the QV Directory service and QV Server service still there and running.  I was able to stop and restart each which means they seemingly did not get uninstalled.  I realize this is Friday evening however I hope someone from the community might get this and can offer some advice.  Thanks.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you provide more information about your Qlikview environment?

# of QV Servers, Server, Publisher, Special Configurations, ...

Not applicable
Author

1 dedicated QV server.  Not running publisher.  No special setup

Not applicable
Author

Do you have:

1. A backup of your Qlikview directories from before uninstalling?

2. Did you stop the QVS service before uninstalling?

Not applicable
Author

Yes to both.  I came across a post that said that you did not have to uninstall a prior version if you were doing a point release upgrade.  So I stopped the two services that remained affter the uninstall and proceeded with the installation of SR4.  It installed fine and it is up and running.  Everything seems to be in tack.  I can hit the access point, open and work in documents, distribution service sees all of my jobs and is kicking off reloads as scheduled.  the only thing I have noticed is that it seems slow.  I dug around a bit and noticed that not all of my files in Program files\QlikView\Server had updated time stamps.  Some are dated today but other have various other dates.  I would think that everything would be compiled together resulting in file dates for a point release.

Not applicable
Author

If your Uninstall was successful (which it does sound like) then the ProgramFiles\Qlikview\Server folders and files should have been all removed.

Did you install the newly released SR4 patch (9282) then all dll files in the  ProgramFiles\Qlikview\Server subfolders should show Jan 2, 2012 as the Date Modified.

If you think you have a mix of old and new files, you could:

1) Stop the services

2) Uninstall your version again

3) Check the ProgramFiles\Qlikview\Server and other QVS related folders get deleted

4) Reboot

5) Install QV10 SR4 again

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ingo.  I will give check things out and go from there.  Thanks for all your help.