Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Uber New to Qlikview - How do I get things from desktop to internet?

Hi,

Just starting out with Qlikview here so go easy on me.

I have downloaded the desktop app and have imported an excel spreadsheet - what I would like to do is embed this dashboard into a webpage online for others to see and use, I can't seem to find any instructions on how to do this?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

To publish a QlikView application for others to see you would either share the QVW file (though both parties would need a paid desktop license to do this) or you would need a QlikView server to act as the publishing point. Normally QlikView apps are shared internally in an organisation using the Small Business Edition or Enterprise Edition servers. If you wanted to share them securely with external customers you would use the Extranet Server. For fully public access you would use the Information Access Server.

Embedding QlikView objects in web pages (and Sharepoint) can be achieved with WorkBench which is another QlikView component

All of these server editions have enterprise level pricing so you might not want to consider those options depending on the project you are looking at. Without a server the only way to get the data from QlikView is to export it as a table or as an image and put that online. Obviously then you lose the interactivity.

If you can let me know what you are trying to achieve we might be able to come up with a suitable solution for you.

Regards,

Adam

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

To publish a QlikView application for others to see you would either share the QVW file (though both parties would need a paid desktop license to do this) or you would need a QlikView server to act as the publishing point. Normally QlikView apps are shared internally in an organisation using the Small Business Edition or Enterprise Edition servers. If you wanted to share them securely with external customers you would use the Extranet Server. For fully public access you would use the Information Access Server.

Embedding QlikView objects in web pages (and Sharepoint) can be achieved with WorkBench which is another QlikView component

All of these server editions have enterprise level pricing so you might not want to consider those options depending on the project you are looking at. Without a server the only way to get the data from QlikView is to export it as a table or as an image and put that online. Obviously then you lose the interactivity.

If you can let me know what you are trying to achieve we might be able to come up with a suitable solution for you.

Regards,

Adam

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

Thanks your response.

We will basically need...

1. To use a daily/weekly/monthly file export from a client's e-commerce website to generate up-to-date stats in a Qlikview Dashboard
  2. This QV Dashboard (needs the interactivity) would then need to be seen by, for example, the CEO of our client's company and have the most recent exported data.
  3. Ideally we would like to embed this dashboard into a webpage where the CEO would then log in to view it.

Is something like this possible?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Paul,

That all sounds like a fairly common use case for QlikView, probably using the Extranet Server to give the external user secure access to their data. It would probably be best to develop some ideas in the QlikView desktop first and then, if you are happy with what QlikView can do, get in touch with your local sales team to start working out requirements. They can also get you in touch with technical teams who can really flesh out what you are trying to do and give you lots of advice. If you need a personal demo session this is the best route to go through as well.

I'm not able to see which country you are in but if you are interested I can get one of the guys here to give you a call and start exploring what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Adam

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

I'm in the UK.

I'll continue working on the desktop app for the moment and then talk to the boss here before going any further - he can talk through solutions and costings with Qlikview then.

Thanks for your help on this!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No worries. Have fun and if you get stuck the community here is really useful. Hope it works out for you.

Adam