Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to Open Previously Saved qvw files

I am using personal edition. I have created few projects. Then downloaded some demo files and went through the demo file. During this process I might have exceeded number of attempts on the recoveries.

But I thought what ever projects I have created should able to open. But QV reports error.

qverror.PNG

How can I open the file I have saved?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

It would still apply if you created the file just one second before you used your last recovery. The moment you used the last recovery your personal edition license was changed and document created before that moment cannot be opened anymore by your personal edition installation.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't open that file anymore unless you buy a license. Since you've used up your recoveries you can't open files you created before anymore. That's a limitation of QV Personal Edition. You can only create new documents and save and open those.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert

Thanks for the reply. I have created the above file just two days back on the same Laptop.Still the limitation apply?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

It would still apply if you created the file just one second before you used your last recovery. The moment you used the last recovery your personal edition license was changed and document created before that moment cannot be opened anymore by your personal edition installation.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysebert,

Does it mean that the files created with the free personal edition can not be recovered even after buying the license as the user exceeded the recovery attempts limitation??

I know that I am replying to a thread which is 4 years old. Hoping there will be some answer to it.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

No, that is not what it means.

If you have a licensed version, you can open any QVW you can get your hands on, so also those you made with a personal edition in the past.

Locking this topic as it is 4 years old and the original question has been answered ages ago.

If you need more support on this, please start your own topic so it gets the attention it deserves (instead of being buried in someone else's topic).

May you live in interesting times!