Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to access hidden script

Hi!

I have a file with a hidden script. my client does not know how he did something to the file and now the menu item "Change hidden script" is disabled.

When I open the file not ask user and password so I do not think there is a "section access".

you have any suggestions?

thank you

I'm sorry for my english

Valerio

11 Replies
avinashelite

You need the password to open hidden script ....otherwise you will be not able to open the hidden script ...

only way is to contact qlik tech

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If you don't know the password for the hidden script, there is nothing to do to recover it.

EDIT: There must be a section access, since opening the file does not have all document properties, so someone with ADMIN permissions removed those for USER access types. There can be section access without data reduction, but as in this case, differences between ADMIN who can develop and USER who cannot.

However, in this case, it seems there is no hidden script whatsoever, that's why the edit option is greyed out.

Not applicable
Author

I'm sure it's hidden script. the problem is that it seems to have been triggered some level of security.

If you see in the ""Property of the document" there is no security folder, is very strange

Not applicable
Author

how can I log in as admin?

thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You need the developer to include your user as such in the section access table and reload the application and save it.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

You cannot, unless the application developer adds you in the section access table as ADMIN and reloads and saves the application

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Better to ask about admin account for you to access entire application. That would be better even if you don't have they will add you. And for future reference, tell him please add my user only for NTNAME. That would more secure

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

‌The problem is that I am the developer but I do not understand how to access admin.

When I open the file does not ask for my password

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

When section access uses NTNAME, or does not use USERID and PASSWORD fields, indeed, there is no prompt for password, it just take the credentials from your operating system account, in the form of SOURCE\USERNAME.

If you set security and you are now locked out or cannot reload, you will need to use a backup to recover your job.