Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to access hidden script

Hi!

I have a file with a hidden script. my client does not know how he did something to the file and now the menu item "Change hidden script" is disabled.

When I open the file not ask user and password so I do not think there is a "section access".

you have any suggestions?

thank you

I'm sorry for my english

Valerio

11 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Miguel, the document appears to have no Section Access (documented in the XML header of the QVW). The file is probably broken. Seriously broken.

Valerio, always a good idea for safeguarding documents with Section Access or hidden scripts: keep backup copies of recent versions of your documents.

Read more here: https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/help-ive-locked-myself-out/

marchoctober
Creator
Creator

Create the -prj folder to extract the contains of QVW file.

In the folder you will see dozens of XML files other files, text script file for standard script and binnary file that contains encrypted hidden script. Open this bin in hex and check how strong was password, if it several digits up to 3 than you will see simple numbered structured encryption and you could google how to handle that. If you see much complex bin structures containing amounts of symbols, numbers, letters etc., then password was strong. If I find the time I can try to detect the roots of encryption algorithm, pretty sure it's smth standard. So, if you are lucky and password is simple you could get script extracted. Several years ago we did that thing when realized that after infra failure we have only one file with script that is hidden and password gone with infra failure