Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator

Unable to authenticate Qlikview Access point

Dear QV Experts -

The qv is successfully installed on win 2016 with two node enterprise edition qv license. (publisher license not available). QV webserver as webserver (NOT IIS)

The authentication method used is QV Windows Authentication and the service is part of QV adminstator group in windows.

I've also successfully installed SSL and have digital certificate validated by creating a subnet domain (https://qv.abccompany.in/qlikview/index.htm).

When i try to open access point by typing https://ip address of server:443/qlikview/index.htm, the access point keeps prompting for my login and unable to authenticate. I do not know where to check the log files to see if there is any issue.

The following are configured in the QMC

Go to QMC--Systems Tab--Go to Qlikview Web Server--Go to Authentication tab

Authentication-Login

Type: NTLM

Login address: Alternate Log in page (webform)

Note: When i use Login-Address= Default login page (browser authentication), i could successfully log in to access point and can see the dashboards.

Appreciate if you can assist me with as i need to get this fixed in a day or two for a project delivery.

Thanks,

Sean. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Yoichi_Hirotake
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView doesn't do authentication. As you are using Windows authentication, good to check Windows Security log and see the reason why Windows rejected the authentication for the account. Lots of time it's related to Windows policy.

View solution in original post

Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks  Yoichi- You are right.

It is something to do with windows Local security  group policies.

I went to gpedit.msc from command prompt, and looked at Computer Configuration-->Windows settings-->Security Setting-->Local Policies-->User Rights Assignments.

Here i noticed "Access this computer from the network" policy, in this policy "Authenticated Users" were not added as a member. I added this member manually.

Now, when i open access point, provided domainname\username and password in the log in page, i can get into the main page.  It worked.. I am happy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yoichi_Hirotake
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView doesn't do authentication. As you are using Windows authentication, good to check Windows Security log and see the reason why Windows rejected the authentication for the account. Lots of time it's related to Windows policy.
Sean_BI
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks  Yoichi- You are right.

It is something to do with windows Local security  group policies.

I went to gpedit.msc from command prompt, and looked at Computer Configuration-->Windows settings-->Security Setting-->Local Policies-->User Rights Assignments.

Here i noticed "Access this computer from the network" policy, in this policy "Authenticated Users" were not added as a member. I added this member manually.

Now, when i open access point, provided domainname\username and password in the log in page, i can get into the main page.  It worked.. I am happy.