Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elizabethward
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to get the QlikView REST Connector to work with a SharePoint list on Office 365

Hello,

I have tried to use the QlikView REST Connector with a SharePoint list that is on Office 365.  I created the necessary link and can paste it into my web browser and receive the necessary XML data back if I go to the list first, enter my login name, pick whether my account is a work or personal account and then paste in the link. When I set up the connection in QlikView 12 using the REST Connector I receive the following message:

Connection Failed

HTTP protocol error 403 (Forbidden)

the server refused to fulfill the request

I did select to use my windows authentication and received the same result.  I also specifically typed in my credentials to the same result.  Maybe the additional selection of whether my account is a work or personal account is interfering?

in looking at the REST Connector help documents it says that the connector does not support OAuth authentication schema which the o365 REST APIs use.

Is there another way to connect to a SharePoint list on o365? or is there a way to get this to work with the REST Connector?

mto‌ suggested this:

At the moment, what I am thinking is when you pasted the url in the browser you were already authenticated, so you received the response back from the service. So I would think you need to also provide the correct authorization parameters in the configuration so the connector / client - application is authenticated to issue the request - which I believe it is not therefore getting the 403 message.

Given that I did include my credentials, I don't know if there is another way to authenticate with the server.

i'm out of ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Liz

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Liz,

I am also facing same issue when trying to access O365 SharePoint site. Please update me if you find workaround for that.

Thanks!

Chandana

elizabethward
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Chandana,

I did not find a work around using that connector. It will not work with OAuth authentication. If you need to connect to O365 SharePoint lists you will need to use the Qlik Web Connectors. They have a Beta O365 SharePoint Web Connector that works.

Liz