cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

Unable to open a perfectly good, QV 11.20 SR12, document with QV 12.40 SR3

We have upgraded from 11.20 SR12 to the latest 12.40 SR3 (aka April 2019).

1. Most apps open fine except for a few that won’t open in desktop or AccessPoint. We see the following error on desktop.

nenadvukovic_0-1587997991575.png

Tried to look this error up but not getting any relevant results.

I’ve found this statement in one of posts on the Qlik Community: “One way to work around this is to save the document in 12.4 SR1, and then bring it back into 12.4 SR2 to successfully open and save. Then the app works as expected.”

2. There are also several apps that fail to reload, while others are all fine.

Note that all of those work perfectly on 11.20 SR12.

Thank you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

If those files have a prj-folder make a backup of them and remove them and try it again.

The message "file corrupt" gives already a quite good indication what the cause of the issue is. Just for testing you could add a new blank sheet and remove all other ones (and maybe at the same time all variables, groups, states and actions or maybe this in several steps) to see if anything changed. Has nothing be left and it didn't work than the file is definitely corrupt - otherwise it may any sheet/object which caused these incompatibility.

If it's worth to go so far I couldn't say - maybe it's more pragmatic to create these apps new completely from the scratch or with some kind of risk with a bit copy & paste (you may copy the issue).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

FYI

The solution is to either to open it & save it with QV 12.40 SR1 or the latest release of QV 12.50 IR. Then it works with 12.40 SR3, but then, as it works with 12.50 I've upgraded to this release.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK the error -128 indicates that there aren't enough resources to handle the data. This could be either related to CPU/RAM of your system as well as various configurations (for example timeouts and other settings) and also any limits within the application itself.

I suggest to check the application wih the desktop client if the datamodel worked like expected - maybe any key is broken.

- Marcus

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus,

thanks for looking into this.

There is no way the resources are an issue for such a small app. We have 6 CPUs and 64GB RAM on the QV12.40 SR3 server. Other server parameters are the same as on the current one 11.20 SR12.

The app has been attached

Thanks

marcus_sommer

And this app with nearly no data couldn't be opened within the access point or only those which has the real data?

Beside this - just disable/remove the OnOpen actions to see if it makes a difference.

- Marcus

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Exactly. I've removed data with QV 11.20 SR12.

I have a few simple OnOpen actions in all apps and those work but 2 out of 50, fo rnow, do not work. I use Activate Sheet, set a few variables with default values and Unlock and Clear all. I have removed them but I get the same error with my QV 12.40 SR3 desktop.

When I open it on the Access Point I get error 21 file corrupt.

But, I can still open the same file with QV 11.20 SR12.

Thanks

marcus_sommer

If those files have a prj-folder make a backup of them and remove them and try it again.

The message "file corrupt" gives already a quite good indication what the cause of the issue is. Just for testing you could add a new blank sheet and remove all other ones (and maybe at the same time all variables, groups, states and actions or maybe this in several steps) to see if anything changed. Has nothing be left and it didn't work than the file is definitely corrupt - otherwise it may any sheet/object which caused these incompatibility.

If it's worth to go so far I couldn't say - maybe it's more pragmatic to create these apps new completely from the scratch or with some kind of risk with a bit copy & paste (you may copy the issue).

- Marcus

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I know that, in the end, I need to fix this by debugging it, part by part, and as the bottom line to redevelop it. It is just crazy that it works fine with 11.20. 

I would have never upgraded to 12.x, if I hadn't had to do it because of the out of support windows server version we were on.

Thanks for looking into this. It is appreciated.

Stay healthy and be safe.

Best regards

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

FYI

The solution is to either to open it & save it with QV 12.40 SR1 or the latest release of QV 12.50 IR. Then it works with 12.40 SR3, but then, as it works with 12.50 I've upgraded to this release.