Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to open attachments here

I'm unable to open any .qvw attachments from the discussions posted here.  I can save it to my computer but Qlikview always fails to open it.  Is there a setting I need to change?  I've poked around and changed a few but nothing works. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

At version 8.01 there was no such thing as a licence lease (or a personal edition) so you must have a local licence.  I don't have access to a copy of 8.01 at the moment so can not test in that.

Both files on that thread you pointed me towards work fine here.  One has nothing in it, except some code in the load script.  The other one was in a zip - so I would recommend extracting first rather than trying to open from within the zip.

If you are able I would strongly recommend upgrading the latest version as there were plenty of new features at both versions 8.5, 9 and 10.

- Steve

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Do you have License?
I get a message that I'm using personal license and the you can't open other persons applciations I believe.

Regards,

Jonathan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have a license and the error message doesn't mention anything about a license. 

The error reads "The document ____ failed to load".  I click ok, and then another pop up appears from Qlikview with the message "Failed to open document". 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

These messages would appear if there was Section Access security on those documents, but it seems very strange that someone would post a document that was locked down.  Can you post a link to one of the documents you are having trouble with?

Also, what version of QlikView are you using, and is your licence a local desktop licence or is it leased from a server?

- Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here's one link...I think there are two files around post six or seven. http://community.qlik.com/thread/12769?start=0&tstart=0

I'm using version 8.01.  I'm not sure about the license info.  How could I determine that? 

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

At version 8.01 there was no such thing as a licence lease (or a personal edition) so you must have a local licence.  I don't have access to a copy of 8.01 at the moment so can not test in that.

Both files on that thread you pointed me towards work fine here.  One has nothing in it, except some code in the load script.  The other one was in a zip - so I would recommend extracting first rather than trying to open from within the zip.

If you are able I would strongly recommend upgrading the latest version as there were plenty of new features at both versions 8.5, 9 and 10.

- Steve

erichshiino
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Did you check if the file you downloaded has a size similar to the number presented in the post? (in Kb)

I had problems before with my connection and the files finished before actually downloading completely but there was no error message...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Steve, I'll see if I can upgrade.  Thanks.

Erich, the file sizes match. 

Hopefully I can get this resolved because its a large hindrance when trying to learn.  Thanks for everyone's input. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Upgrading to Qlikview 10 fixed the issue, just in case anyone else runs across this problem.