Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

Unable to select a calculated Dimension in Straight Table

Hi All,

I have a straight table in which one of the columns is a calculated dimension, for whatever reason I am unable to select any value from this column.  When I click on the value to select it, it flashes green then returns to white.  I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with this.

Thanks

Mark

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If your calculated dimension is purely synthetic - having no actual fields involved in the calculation - then it will naturally act this way as there is no association with any part of the data model.

So this is perfectly normal behavior and is as designed and correct.

m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My calculated dimension is If(Isnull(Field),Field1,Field2) would this qualify as a purely synthetic calculated dimension.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No it is not. But it is not so strange that Qlik would have a problem determining how the selection should be applied - so that is very likely the problem.

duncanblaine
Creator
Creator

Might be best to move that logic If(Isnull(Field),Field1,Field2) into your load script to created the resulting effective field which you can select and filter by.
Hope this helps.