Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gayathri18
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to select an item in listbox

The problem I am facing is - 

In the below screenshot, I am able to select Red_ABC, but NOT Red. Why like that?

I have attached the qvw. 

Note: There are no duplicates in data.  

Can you please help? Although, when substring formula is applied, the item should be able to select for the corresponding other fields, but it is not so, wanted to know the reason.

Gayathri18_0-1644989066078.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you clear the selection first and then select 'Red', you will see:

tresesco_0-1644989813577.png

In your case, you have selected a subset of possible values for red in other dimensions, therefore when you try to select 'Red' - it fails to select that because all possible values for red are in not scope. That means, if you need that behaviour to work, you have to create a new field at the script with same/similar expression.

Note: This happens with calculated dimension, because in calculated dimension, you actually select an existing field and not the value that comes out in the calculated dimension in UI. That means, if you want this behaviour to work as you want, you have to create a new field in the script with same/similar expression.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you clear the selection first and then select 'Red', you will see:

tresesco_0-1644989813577.png

In your case, you have selected a subset of possible values for red in other dimensions, therefore when you try to select 'Red' - it fails to select that because all possible values for red are in not scope. That means, if you need that behaviour to work, you have to create a new field at the script with same/similar expression.

Note: This happens with calculated dimension, because in calculated dimension, you actually select an existing field and not the value that comes out in the calculated dimension in UI. That means, if you want this behaviour to work as you want, you have to create a new field in the script with same/similar expression.