Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Unbalanced ragged hierarchy question

Hi

I have a ragged hierarchy (thanks Henric for the terminology in your paper!) with different levels of data. It has City, Estate, Block and Unit. But not all units have a block. I attach a sample file. How can I use the hierarchy load to separate out the data and create fields called City, Estate, Block and Unit, depending on the Level Code? If I use the hierarchy load that I've used before I get my unit in 2 different fields for the 2 examples. For London, it goes in Address3, for Paris in Address4, because Paris has an extra level. However I would like it be in the same field, always, depending on the Level Code.

Many thanks

Charlotte

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It can probably be done simpler, but here is one way to do it.

HIC

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

It can probably be done simpler, but here is one way to do it.

HIC

charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Henric, off to test out now!. Hope you're well.

charlotte_qvw
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Henric, very helpful indeed and adapted to my actual data has done the trick perfectly.

C

Not applicable

Hi Henric,

I have a similar situation as Charlotte and I would like to make a drill down group (not cyclic).I have been reading your post about hierarchies, I am wondering how could I combine the unbalanced hierarchies example (Hierarchies) to get the grouping with ragged hierarchies?

Thanks in advance!

Ale