Contributor III
Contributor III

Unussual Log File Name & Location

Hi Master,

I use QlikView Desktop 12.10.20200
I create a document (QVW)
Check 'generate logfile' and 'generate with timestamp'
I reload the document and got the log file
But Log File is not in the same location with the document (QVW)
And Log File name is unussual, because there is hexadecimal code in the name of the log file like : X - Copy.qvw.E36F9530EAEB95DF8B64.2019_07_15_10_23_18.log

Why the log file is not in the same location with the document (QVW)?
How to fix it?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What I would recommend in this case is check your Settings.ini file, as that is the only place of which I can think that something could be set causing things to be going elsewhere.  By default, this should be located in the following path:

C:\Users\UserProfileName\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini

Use a text editor to have a look at the contents of that to see if you see anything related to log file location etc.  If you do not want to really spend a lot of time here, you could simply rename the existing file and then reopen the client and reset the base settings and license etc., and then run things again and see if everything works as expected at that point.  If it does, then that would confirm something was wrong in the old Settings.ini.  You could try to see at that point if you can spot the setting that was causing the issues etc. if you wish.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.