Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update QlikView to licensed version

Hi community,

I understand QlikView users have to lease 30 days from QV Server by 'opening in server' and open the application in access point by QlikView Developer. It is a very inconvenient to keep doing this leasing action per 30 days.

Is there any methods to update QlikView Developer to licensed version automatically per 30 days or another more convenient way?

Thanks.

7 Replies
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Eddie,

Apparently it is not possible. If you don't want to do this, you need to enter valid license in your desktop Qlikview application.

Regards,

Arjun

Not applicable
Author

Hi Arjun,

Thank you for your reply.

I think it would be better if how long the license leasing could be controlled by QV Users. The current way is not user-friendly.

If the QV user is in charge of NPrinting report designer, it is very important that the QV user has licensed version QlikView Developer so that the user can get full access on QVW documents. Therefore, the QV user has to do that action per 30 days.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Eddie,

It is not possible. There is no work around other than buying valid license.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Every time you open Qlikview when the server is visible, the lease is automatically renewed for 30 days.

The only time you need to manually renew the lease is if Qlikview has not been used when the server is visible for more than 30 days.

So a normal user who uses QV at least once a month on the network should never have to manually renew the lease.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not true - you only need a dedicated license when the machine is usually not connected to a server providing a lease (such as a no server environment or consultants working at client premises). Otherwise a leased license is pain-free.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi jontydkpi

I think in general users won't have access to the server.

Developers, Administrators of Qlikview will have the Qlikview Server access.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I would like to be clarified that is the dedicated license key as same as the QV server's one? Do you mean inputting that license key to QlikView Developer directly? Thanks.