Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update Qlikview version

Hello everyone,

I am currently using QV 11.2 while now SR8 is available. I was advised to update my version.

I have found where to find the .exe files.

I was wondering : How long does it take ? Is it easy to do (Just have to follow the assistant) ?

In case, something goes wrong, if I just put again the .exe of SR 2 and execute them, will it work again ?

A QV partner used to come in my company to install Qlikview and I wanted to know if I was able to do it on my own...

thank you

5 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Laura

it is very simple, and it take only 3 or 4 minutes, not any more!

in case you want to back to the previous version you can UNISTALL and INSTALL the version you have before, it is very simple and fast

Good luck

Hope this helps

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

So it's faster than installing QV ?

I just execute the 2 files and then, everything will update ?

Moreover, do I need to be administrator of the servers ?

Thanks again

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Laura,

its a fast process, you have to download the latest version of the desktop and the server

1) unistall server version, and then install the last version you download, you will have to use a user that will be in the qlikview administrator group(this member will start services)

2) you will have to apply an set license

2) unistall desktop version, and install the last version of desktop and then get the license of the server you prevoious install

see this video, hope this help

Fernando

QlikView Server Basic Install - YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1. update process is the same as installation process, will take no more time than install time

2. not necessary, enough be in Users group

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Make sure to take proper backup first.

Make sure to restart QlikView Server once.

Instillation is simple and straight forward.

regards

ASHFAQ