Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

Updated to Win 10 and Excel 365 and macros now hang

Hi

My older setup was Win 7, QV12 and Excel 2010.

My new setup is Win10, Qv12 and Excel 365.

In my older setup I use QV to export data from containers into a spreadsheet for an old legacy report in Excel format.

This macro now hangs in Excel 365, has anyone else come across the same problem, are there some Excel settings I need to change to get this to work?

Ta

Tinkerz

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would recommend the best place to get a potential solution for this one is going to be on the Microsoft Excel 365 Support site, as that is where you will find changes in API calls etc...  I have seen some other recent posts on the Community though, so you can search for those and see if they are helpful or not, I cannot recall any of the solutions off the top of my head given the number of posts I cover in a matter of days.  

One way to test that this is not necessarily QlikView related would be to take the macro code minus any Qlik APIs and try to run that in say PowerShell etc. to see what happens that way, as I would expect the same issue if I am on the correct track.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.