Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updating variable in the external trigger

Hi experts!

I would like to ask you, if it's possible in qlikview to update variable value depending on external event?

For example, in the simple attachment i have test variable, which should be equal to 1 if there's a txt file in the same folder, if not = 0.

This should be updated in online mode without additional reload.

Is that possible to create some external event trigger?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Yes, you are right - filesize() isn't available from the UI.

Maybe QlikView Direct Discovery on the txt could be an alternatively and the expression within the variable counts anything from the file or checked the exists of any field or something similar.

Another way might be to implement a batch triggered (each n seconds/minutes) from the windows task which checked the file and writes the result anywhere in the registry - and the Qlik variable contained: GetRegistryString().

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could try it: -(filesize(PathFile)>0) as expression within the variable.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

As far as i know, filesize is a script function. May i be wrong?

I need dynamic reaction in front-end if file exists or not.

marcus_sommer

Yes, you are right - filesize() isn't available from the UI.

Maybe QlikView Direct Discovery on the txt could be an alternatively and the expression within the variable counts anything from the file or checked the exists of any field or something similar.

Another way might be to implement a batch triggered (each n seconds/minutes) from the windows task which checked the file and writes the result anywhere in the registry - and the Qlik variable contained: GetRegistryString().

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

GetRegistryString() should be helpful!