Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade from 11.2 to 11.4

Hello,

I want to upgrade my Qlikview applications from 11.2 to 11.4 version. Is there any simplified way to compare these pre-upgraded and post upgraded application?

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Comparing what? the QVW in version 11.2 to the same qvw in version 11.4...

You have to use two different system for the same... Otherwise its not possible..

Thanks

Selva

Not applicable
Author

Yes… the same QVW from 11.2 and 11.4.

But with two different systems we will get involve into Manual efforts.

Is there any tool or script which we can use?

Regards,

Chetan Kulkarni

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I haven't heard of a version 11.4 yet. Or do you mean SR4 (of QV11 or QV11.2?)

Here is a general migration guideline:

QV 11 Upgrade and Migration Document.pdf

Regarding comparing the qvw's, I don't know of any simplified way. I think it will depend on the effort you applied on testing the original version and if you have defined some regression testing test cases.

Not applicable
Author

Its SR4

Regards,

Chetan Kulkarni

Not applicable
Author

That'ss true manual effort required but unfortunatelly there is nothing available like Compactibility or Version Viewer..

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Just check the release notes. Sometimes new features or changes are included in service releases.

Astrato.io Head of R&D
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The latest release is presently v11.2 SR5.  Your best bet is to parallel run and manually check.  If you have QlikView Server you can get a migration licence so that you can upgrade a test server to the latest release and carry out tests in parallel.

These migration licences are free and you are entitled to one 30 day licence per calendar year as a licenced Server user.  Your QlikTech partner will be able to source the licence for you.

- Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I should also mention that Rob Wunderlich demonstrated a tool called JMeter at the Masters Summit that does an HTML compare when running a script of actions.  This would only work against the Ajax client.  This could be useful, but may be overkill for what you want.

- Steve

fabrice_lawson
Former Employee
Former Employee

Chetan,

i think you will get a better answer with further precision. Do you want to upgrade from 11.0 SR2 to 11.2 SR2 or 11.2 SR2 to 11.2SR4?