Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit QlikViewServer

Hello,

We are going to migrate from 32bit QlikViewServer 11.2  to 64bit QlikViewServer 11.2 on the same machine. What should we know in advance? Is it necessary to uninstall the 32bit version first or we can install the new one directly ? Can we use the already created 32bit ODBC or we need to create new 64bit ODBC connections?

Thank you in advance !

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please follow upgrade installation document. I would recommend completely uninstall the 32-bit version and install the 64 bit version. I believe, you are also upgrading your hardware as well.

Please take QVPR repository back up into any shared location.

Not applicable
Author

The reason why I am uninstalling the 32-bit there is lot of paths are different  between 32-bit & 64-bit. So it may mess up the things without uninstalling.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can reuse your 32 odbc connections, but you'll have to modify the connect statements in your qlikview workbooks to make sure they use the 32-bit odbc drivers. I recommend creating new odbc connections using the 64-bit drivers.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the fast response!

I guess you are also recommending uninstallation of the 32bit QlikView Desktop before installing the new 64bit QlikView Desktop?