Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VGO
Contributor
Contributor

Uploading data from excel

Hello everyone,

This might be very easy but I can't find the way.

I just want to know when creating the conection between Qlik and my excel path,  I upload all the tables and data from the excel file and I created the dashboard...

how can I update it when I intruduce new data in the excel file keeping all the dashboard and the scrip in Qlik ?

If that is possible, is there any way to do it automatically whenever I update the excel file ?

Finally, I work in google sheet most of the time so I wonder if it's possible to update Qlik when introducing new data in google sheet. 

Thank you

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

QlikView refresh its data by reloads, which means that as soon as new data is incorporated into the data source (an Excel spreadsheet in this case) you may want to reload the QlikView app script to read the contents of the modified Excel file and refresh the charts and objects.

QlikView can read from any number of files and sources as long as there is an ODBC or OLE DB connection for it (or even with custom connectors or QVX), so you can load one or one hundred Excel spreadsheets into a single QlikView application.

You may want to learn more about incremental reloads as your application becomes bigger

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Finally, I work in google sheet most of the time so I wonder if it's possible to update Qlik when introducing new data in google sheet.  (Can you please explain more this part)?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
VGO
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Well I work with woocommerce and I export all the data into a google sheet and I was wondering if it is possible to update the data in Qlik from it, as well as doing it automatically.

But I would like to mention that my other questions are more important for me, like how to update Qlik and keeping the dashboard.

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

QlikView refresh its data by reloads, which means that as soon as new data is incorporated into the data source (an Excel spreadsheet in this case) you may want to reload the QlikView app script to read the contents of the modified Excel file and refresh the charts and objects.

QlikView can read from any number of files and sources as long as there is an ODBC or OLE DB connection for it (or even with custom connectors or QVX), so you can load one or one hundred Excel spreadsheets into a single QlikView application.

You may want to learn more about incremental reloads as your application becomes bigger

VGO
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Great, I understood.

Thank you very much for your help.