Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandra_dh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use an oraOLEDB Connection omitting tnsnames.ora

Hello,

I'm using Qlikview 12 SR6 and I use different kind of OLEDB Connections :

- Connections for SQL Server DB. In this case, no need to configure the server with modifying a file or creating an ODBC connection. I can use my connection string on all servers or local computers.

- Connections for Oracle DB. In this case I use the tnsnames.ora file. It's running but I can't deploy my application on a server on wich I don't have configured the tnsnames.

I tried to use a tnsnames-less connection but it doesn't run ... Qlik asks me a Datasource Name.

I want to transform this :

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Data Source=DS_TEST;User ID=MyUser;Password=MyPwd]

tnsnames :

DS_TEST=

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host_name)(PORT=port_number))

(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=DS_TEST)))

To something like that:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;SERVER=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=host_name)(PORT=port_number)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=DS_TEST)));User ID=MyUser;Password=PyPwd]

Is it possible ?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

maybe something like

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;User ID=YourUserID;Data Source="(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=YourHostName)(PORT=YourPort)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=YourSID)))";Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is YourXPassword);

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MarcoWedel

maybe something like

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;User ID=YourUserID;Data Source="(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=YourHostName)(PORT=YourPort)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=YourSID)))";Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is YourXPassword);

hope this helps

regards

Marco

alexandra_dh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Marco,

have added the double quotes on the DataSource Name and it solves my problem !