Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janneke
Creator
Creator

Use link in table to set variable

Hi all,

I would like to have the functionality of an URL-link in an expression of a pivot table, but instead of the URL, I want to set a variable. So, if I click on the value, I would like to affect variables (and with that pop up a text object with different texts).

Normally I use a text object with actions for this purpose. However, since in a pivot table the position of the lines can change, this is not an option for me.

Thank you for thinking with me!

Janneke.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

When you click in a chart you select the associated values in the field(s) of the dimension(s), you can use that to set a field trigger that will set a variable.

To  make it look like a clickable link in the pivot table you can add an expression e.g. ='Link' and the format to blue and underlined.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

When you click in a chart you select the associated values in the field(s) of the dimension(s), you can use that to set a field trigger that will set a variable.

To  make it look like a clickable link in the pivot table you can add an expression e.g. ='Link' and the format to blue and underlined.