cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use of $,#

Hai,

num(sum([Sales Amount]), '$#,##0')  what is the use of $,# in this.Can anyoune clear my dbt.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Here, $ - will act as Static

Assume, If your Sales Amount value seems 3403 -- Output you will receive as $3403 //As i said $ is static here. Some users need to show that sales amount into USD Currency they followed this

And # - It act as Format of out data point

#,##0 -- If you have around 3403 -- Then it will give 3,403 //Here, Comma is the special to neat and clean values

Finally you will get like below $3,404

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

this link may helps you

how to use num() function in qlikview?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Here, $ - will act as Static

Assume, If your Sales Amount value seems 3403 -- Output you will receive as $3403 //As i said $ is static here. Some users need to show that sales amount into USD Currency they followed this

And # - It act as Format of out data point

#,##0 -- If you have around 3403 -- Then it will give 3,403 //Here, Comma is the special to neat and clean values

Finally you will get like below $3,404

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks anil.